Schools of Christian County
Do you know of another school not listed here?
Do you have information on location of a school?
Please contact Site Administrator
Adams Mid 1800's - 1908 Adams Community- North Christian County. Adams (new) 1909 - Consolidated from Old Adams School and Long School Atkinson Attucks High School 1916 - Bald Knob Belmont Bennettstown Bethel College 1854 - 1964 See Sketch Beverly Academy Black Jack School Quisenberry Lane Blue River - Blue Ruin Bluff Springs - 1938 Consolidated with Lacy School in 1939 Booker T. Washington Boyd Brick Church ???? - 1921 Consolidated with Johnson and Pisgah to form Sinking Fork School in 1921 Cannon Canton Heights (B) Carl Casky Castleberry Cavanaugh - Carroll Chopped Hickory (B) Christian County High School 1959 - Present All County High Schools grades 10-12 were consolidated in 1959. Ninth grade was added in 1961. Church Churchhill Clay Street 1881 - Clay Street, City of Hopkinsville Colored Graded School (B) First colored school in the city of Hopkinsville, later changed name to Jackson Street School. Concord Cones Consolation Cox Crofton 1904 - present Crofton Colored School (B) early 1900's - 1936 Merged- Crofton Independant School in 1936 Dade Dogwood Durretts Avenue (B) ~1900 - East Macedonia Edwards Mill Eli 1920's - 1947 Located on Highway 1338, off Highway 109, near Hopkins Co. line. Elmo Empire Fairview Fears Fruit Hill 1860's - Consolidated with Carl, Bluff Springs, and Dogwood to form Lacy School. Gainsville (B) ~1880 - - Gracey Grapevine Crofton Haddock Hamby Hardy Hickory Grove Honey Grove Hopkinsville High School 1963 - Present Howell Iron Hill Johnson ???? - 1921 Located near the Bainbridge Community on Princeton Rd. Consolidated with Pisgah and Brick Church to form Sinking Fork School in 1921 Kelly (B) Lacy 1939 - Present Located in Fearsville, Highway 189 and 107N. A consolidation of Dogwood, Carl, Bluff Springs, and Fruit Hill. Lantrip LaFayette Longview Lunderman Macedonia Major Ferrell Mannington McKinney Dawson Springs McKnight Mitchell Moorland Mosley Mt. Carmel Mt. Erie Mt. Zoar New Idea Newstead New Zion (B) Oak Grove Orange Grove Ovil Palestine Pembroke Pembroke Colored Pisgah - Consolidated with Johnson and Brick Church to form Sinking Fork School in 1921 Pleasant Green (B) - Gracey Pleasant Grove Pleasant Hill Poplar Grove Ralston Shiloh Sinking Fork Consolidated 1921 - 1998
(1998 moved to new building)
Previous facility built in 1941. Located approx. 7 miles from Hopkinsville on 91 N, was a consolidation of Pisgah, Brick Church, and Johnson School.
New Facility located approx. 3.5 miles on 91N.
South Christian 1941 - Present Consolidation of Howell and LaFayette. South Kentucky College 1849 - 1914 Located on what is now called Belmont Hill. The school was destroyed by fire 3 times (1884, 1905, & 1912). Later name was changed to McLean College. Virginia Street Walker Walnut Grove West Brook West Fork West Macedonia West Side - Present day site of Second Baptist Church Activities building, City of Hopkinsville Woods Chapel
Return to Christian County Ky History & Genealogy