Crittenden Co., Kentucky
1824-19 Jan 1880
husband of Elizabeth Rushing
Harrod, Nora Florence
(d/o James Willis & Margaret Ann (Rushing) Rushing)
30 Apr 1855-6 Jul 1913
Harrod, Mary E., his wife
21 Aug 1861-22 Aug 1899
Co. E. 48th KY Inf.
d/o F.F. and M.F. Rushing
30 Jan 1900-14 Mar 1900
Morgan, Polly E.
d/o J.P. and M.E.
9 Apr 1884-25 Dec 1884
Harris, Lawrence E.
17 Aug 1911-12 Sep 1939
Woodall, Larry N.
17 Mar 1948-_____
Woodall, Barbara N.
31 Jul 1951-____
born and died 28 Feb 1858
Added info from a Friend
I called a relative today and she refreshed me on two children who are in the
Rushing Cemetery and are not listed in the book or have no stone.
(1) Bertha Rushing, daughter of William Edward and Dora (Hill) Rushing.
She died when she was 12 years old with appendicitis.
She is buried beside her dad, William Edward and his second wife Arlena Della "Daisy" (Belt) Rushing.
(2) Elvis Rushing, son of William Edward Rushing and Arlena Della "Daisy" (Belt) Rushing.
He is also buried next to William Edward and Daisy.
I do not know any dates on any of these. All of this is what my relative told me and I have nothing to back it up,
except I found some of it on the computer and in the Woodall book, and when I talked to them about it they told me more.
She did tell me that Elvis was real young, but not how young, because I don't think she knew for sure.
This would have been her little brother.
Rushing James Willis Rushing -- son of Patrick and Phoebe (Burke) Rushing (not buried there.) Mary J. Crayne was
James Willis's first wife and Margaret Ann Rushing was his second wife.
James Willis and Mary J. have an infant son buried there. James Willis and Margaret Ann have a son James
a son Marion L. Rushing a son Baylis H. Rushing, a son Beasly Gidian "Gid" Rushing and his wife Mary Elva Clark, John B. Rushing
and wife Lillie A. Hill a son Collie T. Rushing, a daughter Indiana T. "Annie" Rushing and a daughter Nora Florence Rushing.
All of these are buried at Rushing Cemetery. Also, Offetta Rushing was the daughter of John B. Rushing and Lillie A. Hill.
She married Albert Cannon, son of Wilson P. and Elizabeth A. (Crider) Cannon. Offetta and Albert are both buried there and also they
had one infant daughter and she is also buried there. She has a stone.
Although Patrick Rushing is not buried here, these are more of his children and grandchildren who are buried here.
(1) Sarah Katherine Rushing, married Anderson Morgan. Sarah must have married again because her stone has Paris as her last name.
(2) Mary C. Morgan is the daughter of Sarah K. (Rushing) and Anderson Morgan. She married Samuel Harod and they are both buried there.
(3) William T. Rushing married first to Mary Ann Shaw. Married secondly to Mary Parmley. All are buried there.
These are the children of William T. and Mary Ann Shaw:
(1) H. R. Rushing (I could never find his stone. Probably sandstone.)
(2) James S. Rushing (3) Martha E. Rushing and (4) J. L. Rushing
William Edward Rushing --son of James Willis Rushing and Margaret Ann Rushing.
Wife: Arlena Della "Daisy" Belt, daughter of Clinton and Mary Thankful (Rushing) Belt.
Back to Crittenden Co. KyGenWeb
(c) 2008 Bonnie Gass