The Wallis Family of Trigg County, Kentucky About 1900
Irvin Washington Wallis Family
Seated Center: Irwin Wallis holding Wesley and Leslie Goodwin, Sarah Ann (Edwards) Wallis.
Standing Left Marshall Wallis, seated on his left his wife, Janie May (Freeman) Wallis, their children (left) David, Ettie, Jesse. Standing - Claudia (Wallis) Freeman, Ann Wallis, Walter Wallis, Willie Wallis, Grace Goodwin, daughter of George Goodwin. Standing next to Sarah Wallis: Sam Freeman ( son of Claudia Wallis Freeman) Seated Lila (Wallis) Goodwin holding Nellie, George Goodwin, Clem Goodwin.
The Wallis family picture was given to me by Bessie Lue Wallis Stampfli the daughter of Marshall and Janie May Freeman Wallis.
The identification of the Wallis family pictures were identified by Lila (Wallis) Goodwin before her death. It is with great appreciation we send a "thank you" to Mrs. Pearl Forguson for submitting this information. I had the picture but not all the names.
Irvin Washington (Uncle Dick) Wallis was the son of William B. Wallis and Elizabeth Wallis. He was born August 4, 1834 in Kentucky and died October 12, 1910.
On February 9, 1865 he married Sarah A. (Sally) Edwards the daughter of John D. Edwards and Nancy T. Shelton.
Sally and Dick had seven children:
- Walter Wallis born July 23, 1866 in Kentucky and buried at Dry Fork Cemetery in Lyon County, Ky. He married Elizabeth Grace Parker March 1, 1900.
- Marshall Wallis born May 24, 1870 in Trigg County and died 1953 in Evansville, Vanderburg County, Indiana married Janie May Freeman October 12, 1891 in Trigg County, Ky.
- Lila Wallis born February 24, 1873 married George Washington Goodwin August 12, 1893.
- Claudie Wallisborn July 18, 1875 in Trigg County, Kentucky and died April 17, 1902 in Trigg County, Ky married John Lindsay Freeman November 21, 1891 in Trigg County, Ind.
- Sammy Wallis (female) born October 1, 1878 and died July 10, 1879 in Trigg County, Ky.
- Willy Wallis(female) born May 29, 1880 who married Tandy Sons June 6, 1900 in Trigg County, Ky.
- Anne Wallis born August 1882 who married Jessie Piercy